Our customers are of utmost importantance to The Herbal Coast. As COVID 19 is now escalated to pandemic status, it will affect every aspect of everyone’s daily life, we would like to keep you informed.
POSSIBLE DELAYS BECAUSE OF THE COVID 19 SITUATION, CANADAPOST HAS SUSPENDED ON-TIME DELIVERY GUARANTEES FOR ALL PARCEL SERVICES, UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
CANADA POST UPDATE
SOURCE: CANADA POST WEBSITE
Date posted: March 23, 2020
Parcel Delivery: To eliminate customer interactions at the door, reduce post office customer traffic and support social & physical distancing, we have implemented a Knock, Drop and Go approach. Delivery employees will knock or ring, choose the safest location available to leave the item and then depart for the next address. This change eliminates the need for signatures at the door and greatly reduces the number of parcels sent to our post offices for pick-up.
Items that require Proof of Age, ID or Customs payments will be sent directly from our depots to a retail post office for pick-up with no restrictions on when customers can pick up the item. Customers will receive a Delivery Notice Card in their mail letting them know which post office is holding their item for pickup.
Service guarantees: Our goal is to continue providing timely and reliable service. But to be safe, give our people time and manage potential challenges, we have suspended on On-time Delivery Guarantees for all parcel services, until further notice.
Date posted: March 15, 2020
As the situation caused by the coronavirus (COVID-19) quickly evolves, we want to assure you that all of us at Canada Post are doing everything we can to keep our employees, customers and the communities we serve safe.
Following the direction of the Public Health Agency of Canada, we continue to introduce new safety measures to help contain the spread of COVID-19. Until further notice, these safety measures will now include a change to how we deliver the door-to-door items that normally require a signature.
- To help minimize points of close contact in our communities, we will no longer be requesting signatures for any deliveries to the door. This will eliminate the need for scanners and stylus pens to be passed back and forth during the delivery process of these items.
- Instead, where possible, our delivery agents will apply our safe drop process. This means they will leave these items in your mailbox or outside your door if it’s safe to do so. Where it’s not possible to safe drop, our delivery agent will leave a notice card indicating the post office where you can pick up your items by showing proof of identity.
- To receive the following items only: Registered, Xpresspost Certified, Proof of Identity, Proof of Age, COD (collect on delivery) and items where custom fees are due, please know that we cannot release these items unless a signature is provided. You will receive a notice card indicating the post office where you can pick up your items by showing proof of identity and signing. If you are sick or under self-isolation, please arrange for someone to pick up these items in your place.
Canada Post will continue to monitor the rapidly evolving situation around COVID-19, and to actively follow the guidance and safety recommendations of the Public Health Agency of Canada.
We will let you know about any changes we make to our processes that will help increase the collective safety of our communities. If you have general concerns about the safety of the mail, we would like to assure you that the World Health Organization continues to state that mail and packages are safe to handle, including those from incoming countries.
During this difficult period, as we continue to connect and to proudly serve you, please know that your safety and the safety of our employees remains our top priority.
CANNABIS USE AND COVID 19
SOURCE: ONTARIO CANNABIS STORE WEBSITE
- Don’t share joints, vapes, pipes or bongs. You may be passing more than you think. COVID-19 spreads via respiratory droplets released when you speak, cough or sneeze and is also left on shared items such as forks and glasses — or joints, vapes, pipes and bongs. You may pick up the virus by coming into contact with contaminated surfaces, either by putting them in your mouth, or by touching them and then touching your mouth, nose or eyes.
- Wash your hands often. Healthcare Ontario recommends frequent hand-washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the washroom, when you come in from the outside and before and after preparing food. When soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- If you’re sick – skip the smoke. It has been reported that COVID-19 causes infections in the nose, throat and lungs. Since we know that over time, smoking cannabis can impact your lung health, it’s probably best to take a break from smoking or vaping until you’re feeling better.
- Keep your distance. Remember to keep a safe distance, experts recommend at least two metres or more.
- Use government resources to stay up to date. To ensure all your information is as accurate and up-to-date as possible, use official sources such as Healthcare Ontario to get the latest information on COVID-19.
THE HERBAL COAST AND COVID 19
The Herbal Coast takes safety very seriously, not only our staff members but also our customers. As a company policy, we already have a safety protocol that we follow when it comes handling our products. Even though we feel that our product handling protocols are of a high standard, we have increased the protocols in light of the COVID 19 pandemic. In addition to our regular product handling protocols, we have added some extra guidelines to make sure everything we handle and ship out is as sterile as possible:
- Any employee that exhibits any of the symptoms of COVID 19 is asked to remain at home and not enter the warehouse and product handling facility.
- We will be restricting access to our warehouse to only essential warehouse personnel.
- Essential warehouse staff will exercise a minimum social distance of 2m under normal circumstances.
- All product handlers will be wearing facial masks at all times.
We hope these extraordinary steps will keep our staff and customers safe so everyone can enjoy their cannabis products.